I love working with busy professional families and helping them get their finances on the right track so they are free to live their ideal life.
Twelve years ago, I was a busy professional with a young family, my wife worked, we had an investment property, and I was in a ‘good’ super fund. While we had lofty ambitions, we didn’t really have any direction in terms of where our family finances were heading.
We went to see three different financial advisers, and to say we were underwhelmed by all of them is an understatement.
- In all cases, their employer owned the investment products they recommended, and in one case they wanted us to buy an investment property and they just happened to have one that was perfect for us
- There seemed to be a much bigger focus on selling us the investment and insurance products rather than making sure we had the right strategy
- Our fees were going to increase as we saved more money, even though they didn’t have to do any additional work.
After a bit more research, I realised that this is how most people in the financial advice industry worked. This thought was soon validated through the Banking Royal Commission, where we saw many of the large organisations have to repay billions back to their clients for services they charged for but never delivered.
I was looking for a careers change, so in 2012 I went back to university and completed my Masters in Financial Planning.
My focus now is helping people like I was 12 years ago.
I provide personal financial advice that helps busy professionals achieve their lifestyle goals by giving them control of their finances and helping them make the most of it. Some of the areas I help people with are:
- Improving their cashflow so they have more money to spend on what is important
- Having investments outside super so they can retire early
- Getting more into super so they can have the retirement of their dreams
- Paying less tax so they only have to pay what is fair
- Protecting their family through the right insurance and estate plans
Being independent, I have no restrictions on which products I can recommend. I am not limited by the need to make commissions, and I don’t have any sales targets I need to meet.